Ride Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Virtual Ride Series--Killer B's Edition
No need to hibernate for the winter or schlep to/from the gym for spin class. You can now participate in actual group rides within Zwift's virtual worlds to suffer, draft and chat with fellow members. This ride is a group ride but will not be enforcing the "keep everyone together" setting, which means each rider's speed is based on their own effort and while the objective is to stick together, there is no automated enforcement preventing attacks or falling off the back.
Target "speed group" will be approximately 2.5-3.5 watts/kg. For those of you who don't speak Zwift-ese, this translates to what in the real world on a typical CCC ride would represent B effort and about 18-20 on the flats. For the typical Zwift rider, you're on a much nicer virtual bike, are in a much more efficient riding position, etc. and wind up rolling at least 10% faster than similar effort on real roads.
The ride route and distance will vary each week, with the intent being to introduce everyone to areas and routes throughout Zwift. Since this is a virtual ride, there's not harm or shame in anyone simply logging out and disappearing before the finish, so if you're only up for a short spin join in and ride as far as you want.
***YOU DO NOT
NEED A SMART TRAINER, POWER METER OR EXPENSIVE SETUP TO PARTICIPATE******
For more information on Zwift, email me at [myname, see below]@gmail.com
for a newbie guide and tips.
This is, technically, a drop ride though we will aim to keep the group together with occasional sprint/KOM/attack opportunities.
- Must be an active Zwift subscriber/member
- Each weekly ride will be a single "meetup event", which require invitations/acceptances. They won't show up on Zwift's public events calendar, but upon acceptance will show up on your individual Zwift/event calendar (https://zwiftinsider.com/meetups/). Weekly initiations will be sent approximately 24 hours in advance
- Must "follow" Zwift member "Chan Stevens" in order to receive and accept invitations
- Must notify (preferably via email) Chan Stevens requesting to be "followed", providing Zwift name and either current level or approximate date of last Zwift ride in case there are multiple Zwift'ers with your name. Please include which ride(s) you would like to be invited to.
- Logging in at least 5-10 minutes in advance is strongly recommended. Zwift does not support late joins, and mandatory game software updates occasionally throw unexpected login delays at you :-)
Beginning 11/29/19 we will attempt to have voice chat functionality during the rides using Discord. To join the group/channel use invitation https://discord.gg/QZRUxRm.
Ride Leader--Chan Stevens
Thursday, November 7, 2019, 6:30 PM until 8:00 PM
Club Weekly Rides
Registration is not Required