Ride Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
No Brainer KY - 6:00 p.m.
Ride Description: This is an out and back ride with no turns on a lightly traveled road, riders can go at their own pace and usually split into smaller groups. It is 14 miles to the end, but you can turn around early if you want to do less miles. Rt. 8 has some areas of bad road. Please call out any bad pavement. Average speed 15-18, but all speeds are welcome.
This is a group ride so we can ride with others. Please wait until 6:00 to start. We will all start together and split into like speed groups once we get going. Find some similar speed riders and be a good buddy and hang with them. This is not a competition to prove who is the fastest!
Judy will be acting ride leader until Bill is back.
***Please register online***
Helmets and lights are required
Rain, over 50% chance of rain, or wet roads cancels ride.
Monday, May 10, 2021, 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM
Vets Hall 830 Elm Street on Rt. 8
Please park towards the street and leave the parking by the b
Club Weekly Rides
Registration is recommended
GUIDELINES and PRECAUTIONS:
Where indicated, some items are recommended by the CDC and others are specific to us in the cycling world.
1. Stay at home if you begin to feel unwell, even with mild symptoms such as headache and slight runny nose, until you recover. (WHO). Most science out there says you need to be within six feet of someone sick for ten minutes or longer to contract the flu or a virus from them.
2. IF you have a fever of 100.4 or higher STAY HOME!
3. IF you have labored breathing or a cough when you take a deep breath please stay home.
4. Break into groups of 10 or less, unless riding in Indiana.
5. Keep in mind that most public park rest rooms are still closed, although some places on the trail do have open port-o-lets.
6. Feel free to bring a mask for rest stops etc, if that helps you feel safe.
7. Encourage riders to register for the group ride online or RSVP via email.
8. Bring a handkerchief or rag to carry on the ride. Kleenex, tissues and such don't do so well when mixed with sweat.
9. Practice a no touch policy. Avoid shaking hands, unnecessary hugs and the like. We all love each other for sure, a little restraint.
10. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth (WHO)
11 .Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue (CDC)
12. On the ride, no snot rockets or spitting, or... drop off the very back of the group to perform this act.
13. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. (CDC)
14. Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects (handlebars, water bottles, gloves,etc) using a regular household detergent and water prior to disinfection. (CDC)