Ride Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Tour de NKY - Rabbit Hash - 6:15
We will start from a different location every week. This week starts from Boone Co. Arboretum off Camp Ernest Road. Basic route is about 32 miles starting at 6:15 p.m. These are beautiful roads and traffic is generally light. This can be a challenging ride due to several KY hills including the evil twins. There will be two or three speed groups depending on attendees.
15+ mph. avg. INTERMEDIATE, NO DROP "Fun Group"
28 mile route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/17125394
Down Cardiac and up Big Bone, plus the Evil Twins!
On Cardiac (rt 18) it's best to go past the left turn until you slow down enough to do a careful U-turn, then turn right on Lower River. Option to go down Rabbit Hash Hill instead of Cardiac, this shortens the route.
Race Pace Group:
18+ mph. avg. AVANCED (dig deep and hang on) "More is Always Better Group"
34 mile route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/12372365
Helmet and lights required. Rain or storms will cancel.
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Boone County Arboretum
9190 Camp Ernst Road
Union, KY 41019
Club Weekly Rides
Registration is recommended
GUIDELINES and PRECAUTIONS:
Where indicated, some items are recommended by the CDC and others are specific to us in the cycling world.
1. Stay at home if you begin to feel unwell, even with mild symptoms such as headache and slight runny nose, until you recover. (WHO). Most science out there says you need to be within six feet of someone sick for ten minutes or longer to contract the flu or a virus from them.
2. IF you have a fever of 100.4 or higher STAY HOME!
3. IF you have labored breathing or a cough when you take a deep breath please stay home.
4. Break into groups of 10 or less, unless riding in Indiana.
5. Keep in mind that most public park rest rooms are still closed, although some places on the trail do have open port-o-lets.
6. Feel free to bring a mask for rest stops etc, if that helps you feel safe.
7. Encourage riders to register for the group ride online or RSVP via email.
8. Bring a handkerchief or rag to carry on the ride. Kleenex, tissues and such don't do so well when mixed with sweat.
9. Practice a no touch policy. Avoid shaking hands, unnecessary hugs and the like. We all love each other for sure, a little restraint.
10. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth (WHO)
11 .Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue (CDC)
12. On the ride, no snot rockets or spitting, or... drop off the very back of the group to perform this act.
13. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. (CDC)
14. Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects (handlebars, water bottles, gloves,etc) using a regular household detergent and water prior to disinfection. (CDC)