Ride Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Tour de NKY - Mills Park - 6:15 -- CANCELED
We will start from a different location every week. This week starts at 6:15 from Mills Park off Taylor Mill Rd. south of I-275. Turn right at park entrance. There will be 2 or 3 different speed groups (intermediate, advanced, race pace) and 2 different routes varying from 25 to 35 miles. Enjoy challenging but fun KY hills and beautiful scenery on quiet country roads.
15+ mph. avg. INTERMEDIATE, NO DROP "Fun Group"
Race Pace Group:
18+ mph. avg. AVANCED (dig deep and hang on) "More is Always Better Group"
Helmet and lights required. Rain or storms will cancel.
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Mills Park off Taylor Mill Rd. south of I-275. Turn right at park entrance.
3415 Mills Rd
Covington, KY 41015
Club Weekly Rides
Registration is not Required
GUIDELINES and PRECAUTIONS:
Where indicated, some items are recommended by the CDC and others are specific to us in the cycling world.
1. Stay at home if you begin to feel unwell, even with mild symptoms such as headache and slight runny nose, until you recover. (WHO). Most science out there says you need to be within six feet of someone sick for ten minutes or longer to contract the flu or a virus from them.
2. IF you have a fever of 100.4 or higher STAY HOME!
3. IF you have labored breathing or a cough when you take a deep breath please stay home.
4. Break into groups of 10 or less, unless riding in Indiana.
5. Keep in mind that most public park rest rooms are still closed, although some places on the trail do have open port-o-lets.
6. Feel free to bring a mask for rest stops etc, if that helps you feel safe.
7. Encourage riders to register for the group ride online or RSVP via email.
8. Bring a handkerchief or rag to carry on the ride. Kleenex, tissues and such don't do so well when mixed with sweat.
9. Practice a no touch policy. Avoid shaking hands, unnecessary hugs and the like. We all love each other for sure, a little restraint.
10. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth (WHO)
11 .Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue (CDC)
12. On the ride, no snot rockets or spitting, or... drop off the very back of the group to perform this act.
13. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. (CDC)
14. Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects (handlebars, water bottles, gloves,etc) using a regular household detergent and water prior to disinfection. (CDC)