Let's talk Philanthropy.
The Cincinnati Cycle Club has a history of giving back to the community.
Moving forward we are working hard to maintain sustainability of our large event rides (Licking Valley Century, Great Pumpkin Roll Gran Fondo, Roxie Memorial Chili Ride, and the Unity Ride) to provide funds to organizations and individuals in the greater Cincinnati area that promote our mission statement
This new program will allow for more transparency of donations, allow for a formalized process for organizations that fit our mission statement to make request, as well as greater visibility to the media and allow our club to receive more credit for the great things we do.
Support is provided in two ways -First, a competitive grant program, where interested organizations submit an application for funding to the Philanthropy Committee of the CCC board. Secondly, the CCC also provides funding through proactive initiatives identified and undertaken by the Philanthropy Committee with approval of the CCC board.
More information about how to obtain a Grant from the BCC can be found on our CCC website as well as grant applications.
Grant requests are accepted on a quarterly basis and the deadlines for grant submission are as follows - January 31, April 30, July 30 and October 31.
For questions and to submit applications, please contact committee chairperson David Dennerll at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Cincinnati Cycling Club donates more than $10,000 annually to a diverse group of organizations and individuals in the greater Cincinnati area. In addition to providing funding, members of the CCC generously donate their time by hosting rider safety training classes, new rider trainer classes, and volunteering for the National MS Society and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).
We have several ongoing partnerships with community-based organizations including Ohio Bike Federation (OBF), Tri-State Trails, MOBO, CORA, Cincinnati chapter of the National MS Society, Henry Hosea House, and Knights of Columbus in Alexandria, KY.
Some of our significant philanthropic initiatives and partnerships include the following:
- We sponsored the Tri-State Trails Cincinnati Low-Stress Bike Map
- We sponsored Cops and Kids program (formerly known as Shop with a Cop) for the Campbell County Police Department in Northern KY.
- Each year the Cincinnati Cycle Club spends over 100 hours designing and marking all seven bicycle routes for the Bike MS Ohio Valley Event.
- The Cincinnati Cycle Club Roxie Memorial Chili Ride held each June raised over $3,300 for JDRF.
- We annually sponsor and support the Ohio Bicycle Events Calendar Magazine produced by the Ohio Bike Federation.
- We sponsored the CORA Trailblazers Balland fundraiser for building, preserving, and advocating for more miles of sustainable, multi-use natural surface trail connecting the communities of Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky
- We sponsor the Kentucky Cycling Challenge a five ride event series organized by Bike Walk Kentucky